EB-5 Visa Overview
The Immigration Act of 1990 created the employment-based fifth preference, or EB-5 immigrant investor category. Under the EB-5 provisions, 10,000 visas are available each year to immigrants seeking to enter the U.S. for the purpose of:
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise;
- In which the immigrant has invested a qualifying amount of capital of not less than $900,000 ;
- Which will create at least 10 full-time jobs for persons other than the investor’s immediate family.
The Law Offices of Robert P. Gaffney has the necessary experience and skill to help individual investors and their dependents successfully complete the immigration process based upon a qualified investment in a job-creating enterprise. Call 415-503-9653 to arrange a consultation with one of our lawyers.
Preliminary Decisions for Prospective EB-5 Investors
Important preliminary decisions and assessments that prospective EB-5 investors must make prior to making their investment and filing the Form I-526 petition include:
- Deciding between investing in a direct or “standalone” project or a regional center project
- Assessing the immigration compliance of a project
- Assessing the financial risks and commercial viability of a project
- Determining the availability of evidence required to adequately document the lawful source of capital to be invested
These important preliminary decisions and assessments should be made in consultation with competent and experienced professionals.
Experienced Legal Counsel Is Necessary
While the EB-5 visa program is an attractive path to U.S. lawful permanent resident status, the EB-5 provisions are complex and continuously evolving. Success in the process requires competent representation throughout the process by experienced immigration counsel and, in most cases, the assistance of licensed financial experts and other allied professionals.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert P. Gaffney have over 35 years of experience providing exceptional service and creative solutions for clients around the globe, helping individual and corporate clients meet their business and investment immigration needs.
Contact Us for Expert Service and Effective Solutions
Contact our offices through our online form or by calling 415-503-9653 to meet with one of our attorneys.